Tuesday, July 5, 2011

AX 2011

 
Went to AX on 7/2...it was so hot -_-

 Blogger needs to find a better way of bulk uploading. Uploading everything took so long and its hard to manage all the pictures > 3 >
Obligatory long line picture :D
 Lots of people...
Miku Corolla car
I didn't take that many pictures of cosplays because I was too busy buying stuff
 
Er...longcat?
I think this is supposed to be danbo as a samurai or something
 Pffahahahha
 
There's actually a dark Link or something right next to Zelda but he was so dark I couldn't see him :'D

LOOT! I bought like 6x more stuff than I did last year. I'm pretty satisfied with what I got...even though it was a lot of money, I think it was worth it!

 I got 4 artbooks this time *__* Pixiv 2010 girl's collection (I got 2011 last time), Art of Howl's Moving Castle artbook, Tied Up in Art (chinese artbook), and Etchings by cartoongirl7 on dA
I really like the Tied Up in Art book. It has pixiv quality art, but each piece of art fills up an entire 2 pages. The theme isn't really "tied up"...its more like "string" or something. Basically, each picture has some kind of string in it that connects from one page to another, which gives a sense that the whole thing is "strung" together. derp. pretty cool.
Some pages from it...
  
 The Howl's Moving Castle artbook is about the size of the pixiv annuals. BIG and HEAVY ;~; Considering its size I got it for a pretty good price...
 
It has a lot of concept sketches and the text is in ENGLISH legasp 
Heen had a mustache in his concept sketches lol