Wednesday, July 7, 2010

AX 2010

So I went to the Anime Expo this on the 3rd (my very first con :D)...I didn't take like any pictures at all so I'm just going to post what I have.

Outside the LA Convention Center (cloudy day)

Loong line for pre-regristered badge pickup! Waiting wasn't too bad though; I think about like 40% of the people there were cosplaying/dressed up so it was kind of cool just looking at people as they passed by...

There was this performance by some Japanese girls singing some kind of bubbly j-pop song...those guys with the glowsticks are her fanboys! (they were like waving the glowsticks around and they knew the moves to the song and everything hahaha it was hilarious...it kind of made you wonder if they were hired...) (THE MAN IN THE BLUE SHIRT OH MY GGGGGAAAAAAAWWWWWWDDDD 8'DDDDDDDDDD)

I found this at a booth in the dealer's room place thing heheh I didn't draw the kissy face

Copic markerssssssssssssssssssss mannggg dooooooo want
but theyre so expensive...like $5.49 per MARKER


theses are 5 of the buttons I got (do they look familiar..? :D hohoho)
I got like 7 buttons and 2 charms (yes, thats it)....so much for a "loot"
I wanted to get prints but I also didn't want to at the same time because I'm very picky about what goes on my wall. (and right now theres like nothing except a THE DOGS poster from 3rd grade. ) Plus, if I only got a few prints, it would have looked weird on my wall because it was still so empty...same goes with the manga they sold there. There were some booths that sold it for $5 which is half the normal price you would find at a bookstore. Good deal, but if I bought one, I would feel obliged to buy the entire series, and another series, and so on. =/That's just how my brain works... I also wanted to get artbooks but they're so expensive! It's like $20 for 20 pages! The thicker ones cost like 45-60 dollars! waaaahhh :'( For the other merch...I thought I'd find something better for everything, but turns out it was the only stuff everyone had - ___ - Artist Alley... I want to sell stuff there when I'm older! So I can make some money..hohoho


YEAH.
that's it.
really
I wish I took more pictures and bought more things but I'm going to the Comic Exhibition in Taiwan yaaaay (two cons in 1 summer!) so yeah I guess I'll make up for everything there :D


I have a habbit of getting all inspired and stuff and then sketching it, line-arting it, and then not coloring it. - ___ - so I have a bunch of unfinished crap left