Sunday, April 24, 2011

 I went to Taiwan from 4/19 to 4/23 (so about 4 days). It wasn't even spring break for me so I have a bunch of work to make up augh! Well it was still pretty fun I guess. Wasn't hot like usual in the summer, which was new to me and it felt a lot nicer. I didn't get to do a lot of shopping because my family was really busy for all 4 days sooo that was kind of disappointing...but I got to go to the Taipei Main Station underground mall aah so awesome *__* I
I was also able to get the artbooks I've been wanting for a long time ; w ; yaaay

There was this little store called Mag Freakz that sold a giant collection of artbooks. (and magazines and manga in the front) I wanted to buy everythinggg asjaslkj;ak
  
Artbooks (and magazines) galore!
I got these 3. Pixiv 2010 annual, Pixiv 2011 girls collection, and Makato Shinkai's artbook. Everything was cheaper than what I would have bought it for online except for the Shinkai artbook because it costed almost as much as the pixiv 2010 even though it was so much smalle and thinner - 3 -
 I went in and bookmarked all the pages with stuff I really liked. A lot of the pictures in the Shinkai book were small thumbnails :( Everything Shinkai does is amazing though * o * so that makes up for it


 sime's page in pixiv 2010! If she made an artbook I would
buy it hehe
Inside cover of 2010 annual
This is just a page of the 2011 girls collection that I liked. I considered getting 2 pixiv annual books (2010 and 2009) but I kind of wanted more of a variety...so I got this. It's cheaper than the annual 2009 but it was thinner. And since it's a "girl's collection", all of the pictures have girls in them ahaha. But a lot of the art in the pixiv annuals have girls in them too so it doesn't really make a difference does it? And its still equally nice, although it doesn't have the same variety. 
 Inside cover of girl's collection
Here's a comparison of all 3 of the artbooks' thicknesses. From left to right, Makato Shinkai, Girls Collection, Pixiv Annual 2010. The 2010 annual is sooo thick! It was heavy too! All of them were heavy! (that's good quality paper for you) If the 2011 pixiv annual comes out before I go to AX and it's there, I'm buying it fosho >8B